The Shipping and Receiving Coordinator is responsible for managing day-to-day activities in warehouse areas, including directing all phases of activities related to warehousing of inventory and supplies in a large warehousing operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinates all warehousing activities with production, purchasing and related management members
- Plans and supervises receipt, storage and distribution of supplies, specialty items and equipment
- Receives material as required to execute work orders
- Assigns orders to kitting, monitors progress and ensures timely completion.
- Develops and implements storage systems and policies and procedures to obtain maximum usage of space and storage areas and efficiency in warehousing operations and preserves material value.
- Resolves, with management support, operational or personnel issues that may compromise achievement of schedule, cost, quality or safety objectives.
- Compiles and submits regular reports of damage, outdated stock or supplies, over and under shipments, return of goods to vendor, etc.
- Ensures material transactions are accurately recorded
- Coordinates physical inventory.
- Coordinates rapid disposition of Nonconforming Material.
BASELINE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides management metric data as required.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Interprets specifications, drawings, travelers, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
- Studies production schedules and estimates labor requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Maintains time and production records.
Directly supervises employees in the warehouse (temporary or on load from another department)
Must be able to provide direction, guidance, and education on the processes, needs and documentation of the warehouse.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma, additional education highly preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a warehouse role, ideally with planning and inventory experience
- Experience with Electronics and Contract Manufacturing is highly desirable
- MRP II and Kanban training and experience are preferred
- Quality training in a Kaizen, ISO-9000, AS9100, Six-Sigma or similar program is a plus.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please e-mail your current resume with cover letter and salary requirements to Michelle Shire: email@example.com