Oversee the production of goods and/or provision of services. Direct responsibility to lead the manufacturing team by planning and directing their efforts according to the company’s needs. This role creates workplace schedules and monitors the activities of supervisors and employees. Responsibility for meeting production goals, ensuring that customers’ needs are met and on time delivery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinate plant activities through planning with onsite and offsite resources to ensure the manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner: on time delivery, customer satisfaction levels, budgetary compliance.
- Responsible for providing strategic level/long-term planning and program development to ensure attainment of business plan for operational goals, labor planning, growth, and profitability.
- Provide leadership and drive continuous improvement in the areas of Safety, Quality and Productivity.
- Measure’s performance, provides feedback, and holds production supervisors accountable.
- Directly leverages and indirectly manages resources located at the plant in the areas of purchasing, finance, human resources, and information technology.
- Continuously evaluate and measure current performance against forecast and cost estimates
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs.
- Develop and implement capital spending plans, that meet the ongoing needs for facilities, equipment, and productivity improvements.
- Provide clear communication with workforce and external partners; ensure departmental work methods are compatible with company standards and customer requirements.
- Directly supervises employees in assigned departments. Carries out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, making hiring decisions, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BS/BA Degree in Business, Engineering, or related field highly desirable.
- Minimum of 7 years of manufacturing leadership experience including responsibilities in Production and Warehouse
- Minimum of 10 years in a leadership role
- A demonstrated understanding of Lean principles such as Value Stream Mapping, Just-In-Time, Demand Flow, Single Piece Flow, Five S’s, Visual Management, Total Productive Maintenance, Continuous Improvement Process, Kaizen, and Communication Tools, Statistical Problem Solving and QS9000.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to changing situations of a dynamic manufacturing environment
- Ability to meet production deliverables, financial knowledge.
- Proven track record of successful implementation of lean manufacturing practices, kaizen events and proven quality improvement systems.
- Must possess strong organization and project management skills.
- Ability to function independently and make logical, sound decisions. .
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with customers, employees, and management.
The company’s mission is to provide quality electronic contract manufacturing services to the industrial marketplace and has achieved AS9100D certification. The company services customers in a range of industries, including automotive components, avionic devices, medical systems, optical systems, semiconductor manufacturing and more.
EFE operates out of a newly renovated 35,000 square foot facility located in Perkasie, PA. Employees are offered a competitive compensation package that includes medical, dental and life insurance, a 401K plan and paid time off.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please e-mail your current resume with cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com